Thursday, May 27, 2010

and so the hunt begins


Amongst my work and my degree, I have also found myself teaching at CPUT. I tutor the 2nd year group and I have to say I enjoy it immensely. I learn a lot of patience from them and also learn from their enthusiasm.






So here I have to brag about my little monkey's. They are finishing off their 1st semester and at the time of writing this, are getting ready for their 1st moderation (exam) of the year.



They just completed a project I set them and here I have to show off 4 of my favourite pieces that they made.


The aim of this project was to carve a deers head out of wax and cast it into metal and then mount it on wood.

Impressive. Even thought they didn't think they could do it, they pulled it off beautifully. Just shows you what you can do.

3 comments:

Spice and Honey Jewellery said...

Aaah! Jy is ongelooflik Eon! Baie dankie vir die mooi woorde! Ek hoop al die 2de jaars lees dit raak voor moderation! Ek weet dit laat voel my baie beter! Dit was ñ BAIE lekker projek!

Van
Een van jou Monkeys

Nina Schiller said...

These are fantastic Eon. They did really well.
:)

Anonymous said...

awesome they look great!