Thursday, March 12, 2009

Le locket si Violin

well finally the pictures of my violin have been taken. Here it is in it's totality. Its wieght is 23 grams without the chain. The violin is made of 925 silver and the strings are made from fine silver. It has been blackened on the inside and brushed to give it an old look. The outside of the piece has been platinum papered to give it a matted, worn look. It swivels open to reveal an inner compartment. I must say this was the most complex piece of jewellery I have ever made, but it was by far one of the easiest. enjoyed it immensly and I actually want to diffuse it and make a range of violin inspired jewellery, that will have to wait for now though. I've had a lot of interest towards this piece and as of yet have quite a few orders for similar pieces, e.g. a guitar brooch.

2 comments:

Lois said...

By far the most complex, and yet the easiest??? That really doesn't make any sense. It's a beautiful piece of work though. One of these days I'll know exactly who to ask to design my wedding ring.

Zonbai said...

It's stunning, looks a bit too delicate to wear if you're leading a rough lifestyle.