Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rainbow parade


OK so this was a little eyeopener..... Saturday I had the pleasure of going to Cape Town Pride. This event is held every year with the hopes of uniting cultures, such as the gay and straight communities. For more info: http://www.capetownpride.co.za/ Anyway, this was my first pride, and I stayed on the sidelines, lol (should not be abbreviating) and took photos of the parade and the people. With this I have got to say the gay community is vibrant, its huge and it's different. There are so many different types of people, from little 18 year old skinny boys, to old men, who've picked up a few, pretty little girls in pigtails to old ladies, who I mistook for a plumber. Theres a bit of everything and I've got to say I was shocked. This was an amazing research opportunity, made a lot of contacts and seeing all the different people out and about i've noticed the jewellery these individuals wear. Much of it is commercial but there is the odd designer piece here and there, even better pieces you can see were commisioned just for them... The last part being what I want to see! Stay tuned for more information, blog you later....

1 comment:

Queery said...

hay hun, was good to see you there, am adding your blog to my blog's links, mwa!!!