Friday, February 6, 2009




This is my plique-a-jour goblet. It is 100% fine silver and is made out of graduating brown and yellow enamels. The top dome is the plique-a-jour technigue, where the enamel has no back plate to support it, the bottom is champleve. The goblets was inspired after I read the brief and it said geometric patterns work the best. I've always wanted to make a honeycomb and cast and organic object. So for this I considered both options. On the inside of the goblet is a bee that I cast and set a black pearl into its abdomen. Underneat the bee is a thread and a washer to hold the top dome in place. the bottom dome is also held in place with a screw and a washer underneat in a floral pattern. The bottom pattern is known as the humonko, which is used in an anime I watch called bleach, but is known as a the death sting in japanese. This goblet is now in the permanent collection of CPUT along with other done by fellow classmates.

2 comments:

Zonbai said...

Looking awesome!!!

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

Beautiful silver and enamel work. Really wonderful.